EVopt-Planner models the driving and charging process to determine the optimum size of the electric fleet, vehicle battery, and charging and energy infrastructure, aiming to minimize capital and operational costs. Its built-in simulation and “what-if” analysis functions aid in evaluating the impact of changes to operating conditions, mitigating risks arising from uncertainties.
Functionalities and Features
EVopt helps model and analyze the fleet electrification system in a step-by-step manner. Its key functionalities include:
- Route energy estimation
- Charging strategy development
- Right sizing of key system components (battery, chargers, fleet size, energy infrastructure)
- Managing grid constraints
- Optimization of charging process
- Integration of DERs and microgrids
- Financial analysis
- Rollout and deployment planning
EVopt-Planner jointly models the driving and charging process following a step-by-step approach. This includes route energy analysis, battery and fleet sizing, charging infrastructure sizing, energy infrastructure sizing and financial modelling.